York Township is currently recruiting for a Planning & Codes Assistant/Open Records Officer. To apply, please submit a completed application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the York Township Administrative Office located at 190 Oak Rd, Dallastown, PA 17313. Click here to access the employment application. Additional information on the position is listed below.
The Planning & Codes Assistant/Open Records Officer provides support for all departments and administers all aspects of the Open Records Law.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Pennsylvania Open Records Law by receiving, tracking and fulfilling all requests as required under the Law.
- Answer incoming phone calls and respond to persons coming to the Codes and Permitting counter.
- Provide support for the Permits Administrator, Township Manager, Planning, Zoning, and Codes Director and Township Engineer.
- Perform all duties of the Permits Administrator when necessary.
- Scanning and maintaining files of all recorded subdivision and land development plans.
- Maintain filing system for all commercial building plans submitted for review.
- Perform scanning and management of the Township’s Document Management System.
- Enter daily reports for building inspections when necessary.
- Cross trained to fill in and provide assistance for all departments during absences and high workload situations.
- Assist with Property Maintenance and Zoning correspondence.
- Issue plumbing licenses and maintain file of license applications.
- General front office duties – unlocking/locking front doors, sorting of mail and distribution, overseeing cash drawer.
- Create and manage invoices for reimbursable consultant expenses.
- Prepare Planning Commission meeting agenda and packets.
- Prepare Engineering agenda and all related materials for Board of Commissioners meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of the Board of Commissioners monthly packet.
- Process Subdivision and Land Development plan applications and resubmittals.
- Receive, distribute and file Department correspondence and documents.
- Other duties as assigned by the Township Manager or Director of Economic Development.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- 2 years related administrative experience (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Township Ordinances and the PA Right To Know Law.
- Strong understanding of municipal rules and regulations.
- Experience with the UCC and permitting procedures
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of accounting.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, and postage machines.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to manage several projects for different departments at one time.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work efficiently and independently under high levels of stress and confusion.
- Able to foresee needs and perform duties without supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Spanish fluency beneficial
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about in an office setting.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds maximum.
- Ability to squat, stoop, and bend, for example accessing file drawers.