York Township Emergency Management Agency provides emergency planning for the residents, businesses and facilities located within York Township. Emergency management is staffed by trained volunteers under the leadership of an appointed Coordinator.
If anyone would like to volunteer to help or has questions about Emergency Management please contact the Coordinator by email or phone (below).
York Township EMA
196 Oak Road Dallastown, PA 17313
Phone: 717-741-3861 x189
Click the date of the meeting to view its minutes in PDF format.
Calendar of Events
Monthly Meetings: The group meets in the Training room of the York Township Administration Building on the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Please contact Emergency Management Coordinator, Laura Kirk, if you would like to be our guest at a meeting.
Current Weather at York Township Municipal Building
This link will show you the current weather conditions as measured by our Davis WeatherLink weather station at the municipal campus.
York Township EMA is on social media!
Follow us on Facebook at York Township EMA | Facebook
We are also on NextDoor. You must live within York Township to receive our posts on your Nextdoor feed.
Preparedness and Safety Tips
12 Ways to Prepare
Pandemic. Power loss. Boil water advisory. Cyber attacks. It might seem that danger lies around every turn, and that the task of preparing for all the kinds of bad things that might happen is a daunting prospect. This is where we can benefit from reframing the task not as “PREPARING FOR EVERYTHING!!!” … but as taking some simple steps that can make us better prepared for those bad things. Here is a card that you can save or print out that lists some of the most basic steps that will make you more resilient to the threats of emergencies and disasters. Click here.
Electricity Supply for Residents Dependent on a Medical Device
If you become dependent upon electricity-powered medical devices at home, please take the following planning and preparedness steps:
- Complete a Special Needs Registry form for York County. This puts your information into the 911 System so that dispatchers can inform first responders of any access or functional needs or medical equipment dependencies. Also, if there are any emergency / disaster situations that occur in York Township, EMA can contact you with important information or, when possible, status checks. There is an online form located on the York County Office of Emergency Management web site. Navigate as follows: To YorkCountyPA.gov > Emergency Services > Emergency Management > Plan, Prepare & Mitigate > York County Special Needs Registry. On this page, you can complete the online form or click a link to download a PDF form. Please be aware that any information provided is treated confidentially, and that no specific medical diagnosis information is requested.
- Contact your electricity provider (in York Township, this is MetEd). Tell the representative that you want to request a “Critical Care Form.” The phone support person should be familiar with this form. It must be returned within 10 days of receipt. The form requires information and certification by the physician who has ordered the home medical equipment. Only certain equipment qualifies – be sure you verify with the MetEd phone representative whether your equipment qualifies. MetEd does not guarantee that your home will receive power 24x7x365, but people who sign up will receive priority restoration. Contact the regular customer service number that is listed on your MetEd bill for information on signing up for Critical Care priority restoration.
- Because of the possibility of a lapse in electricity restoration, residents should plan and prepare to have a backup source of power for interim power needs. Consult your medical equipment provider for information on power needs and recommendations for your specific equipment.
See the following link for information on how long food can be safety consumed. Food Safety
Contact Emergency Management Coordinator
> Contact Emergency Management Coordinator (Online Form)
Websites for Emergency Situations
Below are some links to emergency related sources for more information.
- 511PA Pennsylvania Traffic and Travel Information
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Weather Service (NWS)
- Pennsylvania Dept. of Health (PA-DOH)
- Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA)
- Ready.Gov (FEMA)
- The White House
- York Area Regional Police (YARP)
- York County Live Incident Status